O Camiño dos Faros is called that for something. Its lighthouses are full of history and its lights have always helped sailors to sail these seas of the so-called Costa da Morte.
The first to be built was the Fisterra Lighthouse in 1853. In 1896, the first lighthouse that had electricity was inaugurated in Vilán. At a time when maritime traffic was very intense and navigation was all cabotage, without losing sight of the coast, the importance of these signals was vital.
Now these lighthouses serve as a guide and, many times, as a refuge for the trasnos that make this path. From them, we can contemplate at all times what we have walked and what we have left to walk.